On event day, keep an eye on the local weather.
Events San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico 2023 – 2024
Check the free weekly entertainment newsletter for more information on these events:
Book Your San Carlos or Guaymas Vacation Rental (with Booking.com)
- December 2. Rescate Christmas Boutique. 9am – 3pm, Catholic Church Plaza.
- December 2. SBPA’s Annual Bake & Book Sale.
- December 3. Christmas Parade. 4:00pm, starting going along Calle 20 to Fray Ivo Toneck auditorium and ending on the Guaymas Malecon for the traditional lighting of the Christmas tree.
- December 3. The Great Gadsby Murder Mystery & Christmas Tree Lighting Fundraiser. 5:00pm, Colibrí Restaurant & Bar.
- December 4. San Carlos Riders Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser. 5:00pm – 8:00pm, San Carlos Country Club. Contact any San Carlos Riders member or call Frank at 707 724-9242 or 622 122 2977 to buy tickets in advance. Last year sold out before the event.
- Hanukkah begins in the evening Thursday, December 7 and ends in the evening of Friday, December 15.
- December 9. 5th Annual Castaway Kids Thrift Store Anniversary. The Thrift Store will have a 50% off sale on Saturday, December 9, from 9:00am to 1:00pm.
- December 12. Día de Guadalupe (Day of Our Lady of Guadalupe).
- December 12. Dave Ross concert & Taco Tuesday. San Carlos Yacht Club. The Bar & Club open at 3:30pm and dinner and the concert start at 5:00pm. The event is open to the Public.
- December 13. Merry Melodies, presented by Vive Real Estate in aid of the Fray Ivo Tonek Conservatory of Music in Guaymas.
- December 16. GLP Pickleball Tournament. More info & register here.
- December 16-24. Las Posadas – nine days of traditional festivities.
- December 21. Posada Fundraiser with Castaway Kids music school students. 5:00pm, La Calaca.
- December 22. Lighted Boat Parade. Watch the Parade of Lights from waterfront restaurants like La Palapa Griega and El Mar Restaurant or the beaches. The boat parade will start at dusk (approx. 5:00pm) from the San Carlos Marina. The lighted boats will be going along the shoreline past the beachfront restaurants down to San Francisco beach and then turn around and come back to the marina.
- December 24. Noche Buena (Christmas Eve). Christmas Eve dinners around town (2023 info coming soon).
- December 25. Navidad (Christmas Day). Special dinner at Sunset bar & Grill.
- December 28. Día de los Santos Inocentes (The Holy Innocents) is a National Holiday similar to April Fools’s Day, celebrated with lots of practical jokes.
- December 31. Fin de Año/New Years Eve. List of special dinners and parties (2023 info coming soon).
- January 1. Año Nuevo / New Years Day is an official Mexican holiday.
- January 1. San Carlos Riders Pajama Parade. Meet at Tortuga’s restaurant at 9:00am. Parade will leave about 11:00am and travel along the main boulevard, ending at KCs sport bar.
- January 1. Spiked Coffee at Sunset Bar & Grill. From noon to 2:00pm, your first spiked coffee is on the house.
- January 6. Día de los Reyes Magos.
- January 14. Cow Plop Bingo. Telesecundaria (Jr High School) in the Ranchitos.
- January 19 – 27. FAOT Music Festival in Alamos.
- January 20. Club Deportivo Steak Dinner. The bar opens at 4:30pm and dinner is served at 5:30pm.
- January 20 & 21. Liga de Arte Art Show. Tecalai. 9 – 3 on Saturday and 10 – 2 on Sunday.
- January 31. Club Deportivo Annual Ceramics Show & Pancake Breakfast.
- February 3. San Carlos Community Church Bazaar. 9:00am – 1:00pm. All items hand made from cakes to quilts. All proceeds to the SCCC Benevolence Fund.
- February 5. Día de la Constitucion (Constitution Day) is February 5, but is observed the first Monday in February which this year is also February 5. It is a public holiday.
- February 7. SBPA Annual Luncheon. 11am – 2pm, El Mar Restaurant.
- February 8 – 13. Carnaval Guaymas (info and schedule). Days of parades, fiestas and fun.
- February 11. Super Bowl LVIII (58) showing in sports bars and restaurants around town. See list of locations and food & drink specials (2024 coming soon).
- February 14. Restaurants in town will have special Valentine’s Day events, including Blackie’s, Bonifacio’s, Colibrí and Tortuga’s, La Catrina, Sunset and La Calaca.
- February 17. Club Deportivo Pork Dinner. Doors open at 4:30pm and dinner is served around 5:30pm.
- February 22 – 24. San Carlos Beach & Desert Rally. 3 days of entertainment for all ages.
- February 28. Club Deportivo Annual Ceramics Show & Pancake Breakfast.
- March 17. St Patrick’s Day Green Beer & Dinners around town (i.e., La Palapa Griega & Club Deportivo).
- March 18 (third Monday in March). Benito Juárez’s Birthday Memorial. Benito Juárez was a famous Mexican president and national hero. This is an official Mexican holiday and schools and many businesses are closed.
- March 24 – 30. Semana Santa (Easter week). March 28, Maundy Thursday. March 29, Good Friday.
- March 31. Easter Sunday.
- April 24. ExpoGan Sonora and Palenque in Hermosillo.
- May 1. Dia del Trabajo. Mexican national holiday (similar to US & Canada Labor Day).
- May 3. Día de la Santa Cruz. Construction workers decorate and mount crosses on unfinished buildings.
- May 5. Cinco de Mayo.
- May 10 & 12. Mother’s Day events in San Carlos (this year, Mother’s Day in Mexico is Friday, May 10 and in USA and Canada is Sunday, May 12).
- May 15. Teacher’s Day in Mexico.
- May 23 – 26. Festival del Pitic in Hermosillo.
Last Season Events in San Carlos ….. (stay tuned for more 2024 events)
- February 2. Día de la Candelaria Tamale Fest. La Calaca.
- February 3. Art & Walk. 2:00pm – midnight, patio in front of Bonifacios.
- February 6. Club Deportivo’s Annual Meeting at 10:00am. Lunch will be served to Life Members.
- February 11. Rescate’s Grand Bazaar. 9am to 3pm in the Town Square by the Catholic Church.
- February 12. Third annual Walk/Run to End Domestic Violence for Seguro Y Sano, Seguro Y Protegida. All proceeds will be going towards establishing a shelter and resources to help women and children move forward.
- February 13. Rotary’s Fiesta de Mardi Gras. 3:00pm, Club Duo. Music, drinks, food, auction, dancing and entertainment. Tickets are now available in front of CiBanco and Santa Rosa Market.
- February 24. Día de la Bandera Mexicana.
- February 24 – 26. Grandes Ligas de Pickleball Tournament, at the San Carlos Pickleball Club. Each player is guaranteed 4 matches (8 games) plus the Round Robin on Friday. Cost: $1000 MXN Register here.
- February 25. Black Tie Optional Gala Silent Art Auction. 5:30pm – 8:00pm, Playa Blanca Salon. Tickets available at Vive Real Estate and Castaway Kids.
- February 27 – March 1. Huichol artists. 10:00am – 4:00pm, Tecalai.
Super Bowl (Super Bowl)
Valentine’s Day (Valentine’s Day)
- March 5. Color Fun Run. 9am, Club Duo.
- March 8. Festival Violeta. 5pm march from Casa de la Cultura to Kiosko 13 Julio in Guaymas followed by music, dance, speeches, and more.
- March 11. Liga de Arte Art Show. 9am to 3pm, Tecalai Club House.
- March 11. Holistic Health Fair. 10am to 6pm, Club Deportivo.
- March 11. Vino Fest. ClubDuo by Marinaterra.
- March 11. Ostioneros de Guaymas basketball home opener versus Hermosillo at Gimnasio Municipal Guaymas at 8:30pm. Find the full CIBACOPA schedule here and follow the team on Facebook.
- March 18. Rotary’s Carne Asada. 11:30, Ranchito’s Primary School.
- March 21. Vino & Van Gogh. 3:00pm – 5:00pm at The San Carlos Athletic Club.
- March 24 – 26. Grand Opening Tournament. Click here for more info.
- March 26. CRRIFS & SBPA New Facility Grand Opening from noon to 4:00. Omar on Piano, and Ready Set Dance kids performance. Sonarán hot dogs and corn on the cob. FREE admission.
- March 31. Dia del Taco. La Calaca. Click here to see the menu.
- April 1. SBPA Tianguis.
- Passover begins in the evening of Wednesday, April 5 and ends in the evening of Thursday, April 13
- April 15. Art Sale Fundraiser. 3:00pm – 6:00pm, 72 Loma Bonita in Villa Hermosa.
- April 23. Guaymas Triathlon.
- April 30. Día Del Niño.
- April 30. Medio Maraton Guaymas. 21k. Inscribete.
- May 13. San Carlos Yellowtail Spearfishing Tournament.
- May 26 – 28. Ladies International Fishing Tournament.
- May 26 – 28. Tucson Sailing Club Spring Regatta.
- May 27 – 29. Memorial Weekend. Monday, May 29 is Memorial Day in the US.
- May 28. Navy 10k or 5k Race. 7am.
- June 1. Dia de la Marina (Mexican Navy Day). Official Mexican holiday. Celebration in Guaymas.
- June 2 – 4. Yacht Club / Rescate Fishing Tournament.
- June 10. San Carlos Summer Sounds Fest with Matute. Club Duo.
- June 11 starting at 6:15am, run, swim and bike in the Triathlon San Carlos.
- June 16 & 17. Marinaterra Dorado Derby.
- June 17. 2 special bands at La Zurda (La Cashora Band and Humano Delta), starting at 8pm.
- June 18. Father’s Day in Mexico, Canada & USA. Special meals around town, including Sunset Bar & Grill and Colibri.
- June 18. Art Walk. 4:00pm – 9:00pm, and there’ll be live entertainment starting at 5:00pm. Colibri, Plaza las Palmas
- June 21. Summer Solstice.
- June 24. Drag Race, Pride Edition. 6:00pm, Colibrí Restaurant & Bar.
- June 24. Pride March in Guaymas. 5:00pm.
- July 1. Grand Opening of the new Byte Drone Center in San Carlos. It is open to the whole community. The address for our Grand Opening is 292 Manglares, which is a large storage place. Click here for a map. The event starts at 5:30pm.
- July 1. Beerfest. Club Duo Marinaterra. 1pm – midnight.
- July 3. Dinner & Fundraiser for CCRIFS. 6:00pm – 10:00pm, Colibrí Restaurant & Bar.
- July 4 – 27. The San Carlos Pickleball Club will be hosting a Summer Pickleball Camp for kids age 6 to 12. The camp starts on Tuesday, July 4 and goes from 5:00pm to 7:00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 1 month. Click here to register.
- July 4. La Calaca Tacos y Cerveza USA Independence Special.
- July 13 – 16. Festival Mar Bermejo. Daily special events such as dance, theater, cinema and music at various locations in Guaymas. To commemorate the anniversary of The Battle of Guaymas, which occurred on July 13, 1854.
- July 13 – 15. International Billfish Tournament.
- July 18. Anniversary of the death of President Benito Juárez (March 21, 1806 to July 18, 1872).
- July 30. Anniversary of the death of Miguel Hidalgo, leader of the Mexican War of Independence (May 8, 1753 to July 30, 1811). This is NOT a national holiday.
- August 8. Anniversary of the birth of Emiliano Zapata (b.Aug 8, 1879, d.April 10, 1919). 2019 marks the 100th anniversary of the death of the historic leader of the Mexican Revolution, Emiliano Zapata, and Mexican President AMLO signed a decree declaring that 2019 is the Year of Emiliano Zapata.
- August 31. Guaymas Anniversary. On August 31, 1769 José de Gálvez founded the town of Guaymas and assigned the first plots: Civic Ceremony at 8:00am in Three Presidents Plaza.
- September 1. Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador will deliver his State of the Union (Informe de Gobierno).
- September 4. Labor Day (USA & Canada).
- September 13. Los Niños Héroes, Hero of the Mexican-American War 1847. Battle of Chapultepec.
- September 15. Mexican Buffet at Embarcadero to celebrate Día de la Independencia. From 2pm – 9pm.
- September 15. Mexican dinner at La Calaca to celebrate Día de la Independencia.
- Septeber 15 & 16. Entertainment in Guaymas for Día de la Independencia / Mexican Independence Day. Mayor’s State of the City address.
- September 16. Día de la Independencia
- Lighted Boat Parade in San Carlos. Leaving Marina San Carlos at 6:00pm and traveling along San Francisco Beach.
- Mexican Breakfast Buffet at Embarcadero.
- September 17. Special Entertainment – Juan Cirerol, Brandon Ramirez, Chino Marcial. 6:00pm. La Zurda Beer Co.
- On Monday, September 18, Rosh Hashanah will begin at sunset and end at sunset on Wednesday, September 20. Happy New Year (shana tova)!
- September 23. BBQ Festival
- September 24. Art Walk San Carlos. 5:00pm – 9:00pm, Plaza Las Palmas.
- September 24 – 25. Yom Kippur will begin in the evening of Sunday, September 24 and ends in the evening of Monday, September 25.
- October 6 – 7. National Wakeboard Competition. Sector Bahia. Friday, October 6: Practice runs from 8am – 4pm. Followed by a Pro Exhibition from 4pm to 6pm. Saturday, October 7: 7am – 5pm – Official competition, Finals and Awards Party.
- October 6 – 8. Hammer Down Fishing Tournament
- October 6. Tecalai Library will be open to the public every Friday from 9:00am to noon, starting October 6. The library operates on a leave-one, take-one basis or you can make a donation.
- October 9. Thanksgiving (Canada).
- October 12. Día de la Raza in Mexico (Day of the Races / Columbus Day). It is not an official holiday.
- October 12 – 15. Indogo 2023, La Manga.
- October 14. 6 horas Baviso MTB. 6pm – 10pm, Pista El Baviso. Register online here.
- October 14. The Mexican Pacific Baseball League gets under way in October. The LMP 2023-24 regular season starts with Naranjeros de Hermosillo in Obregon at 7:00pm on Saturday, October 14.
- October 17. Casino Night. 5:00pm, San Carlos Yacht Club.
- October 18 & 19. Introduction to the World of Wines. Casa Manolo Restaurant.
- October 20 – 22. Pickleball Tournament. More info and Register here.
- October 21 & 22. Hot air balloon festival in Hermosillo.
- October 22. Art Walk San Carlos. Noon – 8:00pm, Plaza las Palmas.
- October 24. Fashion Show to benefit Estoy Contigo. 5:00pm, Posada Hotel in San Carlos.
- October 27. Halloween Dinner & Costume Party. 8:00pm, Colibrí Restaurant & Bar.
- October 27. Halloween Party with Special Guest DJs. 8:00pm, La Zurda Beer Co.
- October 27 – 29. Tucson Sailing Club’s Annual Fall Regatta.
- October 27 – 29. Festival de la Calaca. San Carlos & Guaymas. 6:00pm parades on October 27 & 28.
- October 29. Bike Marathon in San Carlos.
- October 29. Halloween Drag Show. 7:00pm, Colibrí Restaurant & Bar.
- October 29. Marvida Halloween Party.
- October 31. Trick or Treat, Face Painting, Selfies. 5:00pm – 8:00pm, Paradise Real Estate parking lot.
- October 31. Pet Costume Contest. 5:30pm – 8:30pm, Marvida Taproom & Kitchen.
- October 31. Happy Halloween. Halloween & Day of Dead Parties (to November 2).
- November 1-2. All Saints Day & Day of the Dead (Día de los Muertos) is an important Mexican holiday.
- November 1. Welcome Back Party with Jack Wheeler. 5pm – 8pm, La Palapa Griega.
- November 1. Catrina Pickleball Party. 6pm – 10pm, San Carlos Pickleball Club.
- November 2. 4th Annual Día de los Muertos at La Calaca Tacos y Cerveza.
- November 2. Dia de los Muertos at Colibrí’s. 6:00pm.
- November 2. Rescate Welcome Back Margarita Party and LIVE Dolphin of Hope Auction. 5pm, Club Duo.
- November 2. Costume Party at La Catrina. Starting at 4pm.
- November 5. 7th Anniversary Party at Colibrí’s with live music starting at 5:30pm.
- November 8. Pink Party. 5:00pm, Colibrí Restaurant & Bar.
- November 10 – 12. Latin America Pickleball Games. More info and Register here.
- November 10 & 11. Lakeside Medical Group open house & enrollment. 3:00pm on the patio at Lake Medical Group office.
- November 11 and every Saturday thereafter. Rescate Marketplace. 9:00am – 1:00pm, Rescate Clinic parking lot. All vendors are welcome (artisans, cooks, crafters). For more information and to reserve your space, call 622-126-2112 or 303-246-0275.
- November 12. Marathon, 42k, 21k or 6.5k.
- November 13. Helle Sparre Pickleball Clinic. To register, contact Darren at email@example.com.
- November 15. Seaside Realty presents Mark Mulligan Welcome Back Party. 5pm – 8pm, Hacienda de Seaside, located just past Piccolo restaurant at 314 Creston.
- El Buen Fin begins on Friday, November 17 and ends on Monday, November 20.
- November 18. 3rd Annual Yard Sale / Tianguis for CCRIFS. 8:00am – 1:00pm, CCRIFS Wildlife Center. (Drop off items on November 17).
- November 18. Wine Tasting & Wood Fired Oven Pizza. 5pm – 9pm, La Manga.
- November 20. Día de la Revolución (Revolution Day) observed third Monday in November, originally November 20. This official Mexican holiday commemorates the Mexican Revolution of 1910.
- November 20. La Calaca will be serving a special Mexican combination plate and 2 x 1 margaritas and beer for Dia de la Revolución.
- November 23. USA Thanksgiving. Click here for a list of restaurants hosting special dinners.
- November 26. Art Walk San Carlos. Noon – 8:00pm, Plaza las Palmas.
- November 30. Strut your Mutt for Matty Fundraiser. 4:00pm, Ranchitos, 576 Ave “F”.
Holidays, Festivals, Fiesta and Special Events
Events San Carlos is a list of the major annual Holidays, Festivals and Fiestas and special events in San Carlos & Guaymas, Mexico.
Whether you’re looking for information on a Mexican Holiday or holiday, you’ll find it here.
Keep Exploring … San Carlos
Read the San Carlos Newsletter