On event day, keep an eye on the local weather.
Events San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico 2022
Check the free weekly entertainment newsletter for more information on these events:
Book Your San Carlos or Guaymas Vacation Rental (with Booking.com)
- September 1. Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador will deliver his State of the Union (Informe de Gobierno).
- September 4. Cruce de Bahia Miramar. 7am. Register here.
- September 5. Labor Day (USA & Canada).
- September 13. Los Niños Héroes, Hero of the Mexican-American War 1847. Battle of Chapultepec.
- September 16. Día de la Independencia / Mexican Independence Day. Mayor’s State of the City address.
- Lighted Boat Parade in San Carlos. Leaving Marina San Carlos at 6:00pm and traveling along San Francisco Beach.
- Mexican Buffet at Embarcadero. From 2pm – 7pm.
- On Sunday, September 25, Rosh Hashanah will begin at sunset and end at sunset on Tuesday, September 27. Happy New Year (shana tova)!
- September 29 – October 1. Wakeboard Competition. Sector Bahia.
- Yom Kippur will begin in the evening of Tuesday, October 4 and ends in the evening of Wednesday, October 5.
- October 7 – 9. Hammer Down Fishing Tournament
- October 10. Thanksgiving (Canada).
- October 12. Día de la Raza in Mexico (Day of the Races / Columbus Day). It is not an official holiday.
- October 12. The Mexican Pacific Baseball League gets under way in October. The LMP 2022-23 regular season starts with Naranjeros de Hermosillo at home against Obregon at 7:00pm on Wednesday, October 12.
- October 15. 4 horas Baviso, MTB. 6pm – 10pm, Pista El Baviso.
- October 15 & 16. Hot air balloon festival in Hermosillo.
- October 16. Trail Run San Carlos. 7am, Track Estero del Soldado. Register here.
- October 25. Mark Mulligan’s “Welcome Back San Carlos” Party. 5:00pm, La Palapa Griega. La Palapa will be serving their popular All- You-Can-Eat BBQ chicken and ribs, served with Greek salad and baked potato. Reserve your table at the restaurant or call 622-226-1888.
- October 28 – 30. Tucson Sailing Club’s Annual Fall Regatta.
- October 30. Triatlon San Carlos. 7am, Playa Posada. Register here.
- October 30 – 31. Festival de la Calaca. San Carlos & Guaymas.
- October 31. Happy Halloween. Halloween Parties.
- November 1. Grand Opening of the new pickleball facility.
- November 1-2. All Saints Day & Day of the Dead (Día de los Muertos) is an important Mexican holiday.
- November 18 – 21. Grand Opening Pickleball Tournament. Register here.
- November 20. Maraton San Carlos, 6.5k & 21k. Register here.
Last Season Events San Carlos ….. (stay tuned for more 2022 / 2023 events)
- November 2. Dia de los Muertos at La Calaca Tacos y Cerveza, starting at 1:00pm.
- November 4. The Men’s Golf League plays every Thursday at 9:00am from November through March. If you’d like to play, just show up before 8:30am or sign up online.
- November 5. Colibri 5 year Anniversary Celebration. Live entertainment from 6:00pm – 9:00pm with the popular band Grupo Sabor a Mi.
- November 6. Bahia Storage Tianguis / Open Flea Market. 8:00am to 11:00am.
- November 10 – 16. Buen Fin.
- November 11. Rescate Welcome Back Margarita Party. 5pm, Marinaterra Beach Club.
- November 13 and every Saturday thereafter. Rescate Marketplace. 9:00am – 1:00pm, Rescate Clinic parking lot. All vendors are welcome (artisans, cooks, crafters). For more information and to reserve your space, call 622-126-2112 or 303-246-0275.
- November 14. Maratón San Carlos. 6:30am.
- November 15. Día de la Revolución (Revolution Day) observed third Monday in November, originally November 20. This official Mexican holiday commemorates the Mexican Revolution of 1910.
- November 15. String Quartet at La Calaca. 5:30pm.
- November 19. Gala Full Moon Party. Sunset Bar & Grill
- November 25. USA Thanksgiving. Click here for a list of restaurants hosting special dinners.
- November 28. Hanukkah begins in the evening and ends in the evening of Monday, December 6.
- November 28. Colibri Art Walk. 10am – 5pm.
- December 4. SBPA Book Fair & Bake Sale. 9am – 2pm, Altered Tails Book Shoppe.
- December 4. Sonora Riders Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser. 5pm – 8pm, San Carlos County Club.
- December 6. 4th annual Community Tree Lighting Ceremony to benefit Agua 7 Mas. 5:00pm – 8:00pm, Colibrí restaurant.
- December 9. Drag Race Fundraiser. 5:00pm, Colibrí Restaurant & Bar .
- December 11. Rescate Christmas Boutique. 9am – 3pm, Catholic Church Plaza.
- December 12. Día de Guadalupe (Day of Our Lady of Guadalupe).
- December 12. Trail Running Race. Pisa Estero del Soldado starting at 7:30am.
- December 12. Marina Walk Market. 11:00am – 7:00pm. An event to benefit the SBPA.
- December 16 – 18. Deck the Halls at La Bartina 64. December 16: Ugly Christmas Sweater contest. December 17: High School Memories Party, Back to the 2010’s:
Dress in your favorite retro outfit and join DJ Alex Meza for a great dance party. Entrance fee is 200 pesos at the door; 150 pesos in advance. December 18: Grinchmas Party. To make your reservations or for more information, please call 622-164-6278.
- December 16-24. Las Posadas – nine days of traditional festivities.
- December 19. Colibri Art Walk. Noon – 8pm.
- December 20. Night at the Opera. 6pm – 9pm, Colibri.
- December 24. San Carlos Community Church special Christmas service, 9:00am.
- December 24. Noche Buena (Christmas Eve). Christmas Eve dinners around town.
- December 25. Navidad (Christmas Day). Christmas Day Cheer at Soggy Peso.
- December 26. San Carlos Yacht Club Lighted Boat Parade. Watch the Parade of Lights from La Palapa Griega, El Mar Restaurant, Los Arbolitos, Turquesa or the beaches. The boat parade will start at dusk (approx. 5:30pm) from the San Carlos Marina. The lighted boats will be going along the shoreline past the beachfront restaurants down to San Francisco beach and then turn around and come back to the marina.
- December 28. Día de los Santos Inocentes (The Holy Innocents) is a National Holiday similar to April Fools’s Day, celebrated with lots of practical jokes.
- December 31. Fin de Año/New Years Eve. List of special dinners and parties. Sunset Bar & Grill Gala Dinner. More 2021 info soon
- January 1. Año Nuevo / New Years Day is an official Mexican holiday. Soggy Peso will be serving a special spiked hot chocolate.
- January 1. San Carlos Riders Pajama parade. Meet at Tortugas at 9:00am. Parade will leave about 11:00am.
- January 1. Hangover Golf Tournament.
- January 6. Día de los Reyes Magos.
- January 6. Three Kings Day at La Calaca. A Mexican meal of a Chicken Enchilada Trio (mole, green sauce and red sauce) will be offered for 380 pesos.
- January 15. Club Deportivo Filet Mignon Steak dinner. The bar opens at 4:30pm and dinner is served at 5:30pm.
- January 15. Frozen, the Musical. 5:00pm, Guaymas Auditorium.
- January 16. Rotary’s Cow Plop Bingo. Telesecundaria (Jr High School) in the Ranchitos.
- January 21 – 29. FAOT Music Festival in Alamos.
- January 25. SBPA Luncheon. 11am – 2pm, La Turquesa Patio behind Turquesa Restaurant.
- January 30. Art Walk San Carlos, noon – 8:00pm, Plaza las Palmas.
- February 2 – 4. International Cup Golf Tournament.
- February 2. Día de la Candelaria Tamale Fest. La Calaca Restaurant. Learn to make Tamales from 3:00pm – 5:00pm and enjoy a Tamale dinner special from 5:00pm – 8:00pm.
- February 7. Día de la Constitucion (Constitution Day) is February 5, but is observed the first Monday in February. It is a public holiday.
- February 7: Club Deportivo’s Annual Meeting at 10:00am. There will be free lunch for all members in attendance.
- February 12. Rescate’s Grand Bazaar. 9am to 3pm in the Town Square by the Catholic Church.
- February 13. 5K Walk / 10K Run to End Domestic Violence. 9:00am, Seascape Plaza (La Bartina).
- February 13. Super Bowl LVI (56) showing in sports bars and restaurants around town. See list of locations and food & drink specials (coming soon).
- February 14. Valentine’s Day. Special dinners around town.
- February 14. Valentine Golf Tournament.
- February 19 – 20. Exatec Golf Tournament in Obregon. For more information and to register, contact Robert Frank at 622-152-5224.
- February 19. Club Deportivo Pasta! Pasta! dinner. Doors open at 4:30pm and dinner at 5:30pm. Get your tickets at Seaside Realty, RE/MAX Realty, or in front of CiBanco.
- The Medio Maraton that was scheduled for February 20 has been postponed until May 8, 2022.
- February 21. Yacht Club Chili Cookoff for members and their guests. Club opens at 5:00pm and chili tasting starts at 6:00pm. For more information, email Sherry Grandy at Sherry92691@gmail.com.
- February 22. Rotary’s Fiesta de Mardi Gras. 4:00pm, Club Duo. Music, drinks, food, auction, dancing and entertainment. Tickets are available at CiBanco Monday to Friday, 10:00am to 4:00pm. They are also available from any Rotarian or email Dave Garvie at email@example.com.
- February 23. Pancake Breakfast. 7:00am – 10:30am, Club Deportivo.
- February 24. Día de la Bandera Mexicana.
- February 24. Two Divas Art Show. 4:00pm to 7:00pm, El Bronco Restaurant. The show highlight the works of two local artists, Rosi Martinez Eckert and Bethea Penny and geature the collaboration of a mystery Guest Artist, flute and guitar by Cesar Sarabia, appetizers, and a full wine bar service.
- February 25 – 27. Huichol artist, Rosendo Carillo de la Rosa. 10:00am – 4:00pm, Solimar Condo Office.
- February 27. SBPA Tianguis. 8:30am – 4:00pm, Colectivo Buena Onda.
- February 27. Art Walk with live entertainment. Noon – 8:00pm, Colibri.
- March 5. San Carlos Riders Anniversary Party. San Carlos County Club. Live music by the County Boys at 4:00pm, Utopia from 6:00pm – 9:00pm, and The Dudes from 9:00pm – 1:00am. Food, drinks, and lots of fun.
- March 5. Vino Fest. ClubDuo by Marinaterra. vinofestsancarlos.com
- March 12. Liga de Arte Art Show. 9am – 3pm, Tecalai Club House.
- March 10 & 12. Golf Club Championships with burgers & beer after play on Saturday, March 12.
- March 15. Rescate Event at La Catrina Restaurant & Gallery. Lorena Robles will perform live from 4:00pm to 10:00pm.
- March 17. St Patrick’s Day Green Beer & Dinners around town (i.e., La Palapa Griega).
- March 17. Club Deportivo St. Patrick’s Day Corned beef and cabbage dinner. Doors open at 4:30pm and dinner is served at 5:30pm. 300 pesos / $15 USD. Buy your tickets at Seaside Realty, REMAX, Coldwell Banker or in front of CiBanco.
- March 20. Memorial Golf Tournament.
- March 21 (3rd Monday in March) — day off to commemorate Benito Juarez birthday on March 21, 1806. Schools and many businesses are closed.
- March 31. Huella De Impacto Fundraiser Dinner with taco buffet and entertainment. 6pm. The event is at our property in Lomas De Collosio (near the intersection to San Jose in Guaymas, just past the Guaymas airport). We will meet at the parking lot of Bartina 64 at 5:15pm for those that would like to carpool or follow us to Guyamas. Here is a map to the property for anyone who would like to come on their own.
- March 27. Art Walk. On the patio outside Colibrí Restaurant from noon to 8:00pm. There will be live entertainment during the event, including the Mike and Heidi Duo from noon – 3:00pm.
- March 29. Strut Your Mutt. 8:30am, at the Plaza las Palmas.
- March 31. Taco Day. 5pm – 10pm, La Calaca Restaurant.
- April 2. Ostioneros de Guaymas basketball home opener versus Hermosillo Rayos at Gimnasio Municipal Guaymas at 7:00pm.
- April 3. 4ta etapa del Campeonato del Desierto at Pista Estero Del Soldado (mountain bike race). The kids’ group starts at 6:50am and adults at 7:00am.
- April 4. Cabezas de Loro Happy Hour at Marvida. 5pm.
- April 6. Cabezas de Loro House Concert with Mike Nash. 1pm, 96 Loma Bonita.
- April 10. Trail Running Race (5k, 12k & 24k). Agua Malas Track, Guaymas.
- April 10 – 17. Semana Santa (Easter week from Palm Sunday through Easter Sunday).
- April 15. Good Friday.
- Passover begins in the evening of Friday, April 15 and ends in the evening of Saturday, April 23
- April 17. Easter Sunday.
- April 24 Triatlón, el EnduroTriX2. 6:30am. POSTPONED to June 26
- April 30. Día Del Niño.
- May 1. Dia del Trabajo (Labor Day)
- May 3. Día de la Santa Cruz. Construction workers decorate and mount crosses on unfinished buildings.
- May 5. Cinco de Mayo is not observed as a national holiday in Mexico, but all public schools are closed.
- May 7. San Carlos Yellowtail Spearfishing Tournament.
- May 8. Medio Maratón Guaymas. 7:00am, Hotel Armida.
- May 8 & 10. Mother’s Day events in San Carlos (this year, Mother’s Day in USA and Canada is Sunday, May 8 and in Mexico is Monday, May 10).
- May 12. Doggy Pool Party to benefit Matty’s Rescue. Noon – 2:00pm, 971 Primaria, Ranchitos.
- May 15. Teacher’s Day in Mexico.
- May 22. Pool Party Fundraiser for Maria Ines. Music (Mike & Heidi), Food & Drinks. 12pm – 5pm, Athleticlub San Carlos.
- May 26 – 29. Fiestas del Pitic. Hermosillo.
- May 27 – 29. Ladies International Fishing Tournament.
- May 27 – 29. Tucson Sailing Club Spring Regatta.
- May 28 – 31. Memorial Weekend. Monday, May 30 is Memorial Day in the US.
- May 29. Marina Beer Fest. 2:00pm – 7:00pm, Restaurants at Marina San Carlos.
- June 1. Dia de la Marina (Mexican Navy Day). Official Mexican holiday. Celebration in Guaymas.
- June 2. Ready, Set, Dance showcase. 6pm, El Mar Restaurant.
- June 1 – 3. International AMPI Tourism Summit in San Carlos.
- June 3 – 6. Yacht Club / Rescate Fishing Tournament.
- June 3 & 4. Dorado Derby Fishing Tournament.
- June 5. 5 & 10k Race for Navy Day. 6:30am, Guaymas Malecon.
- June 17. Coronation of King and Queen of Pride. 7:00pm. Colibrí Restaurant.
- June 18. Pride March. 6:00pm. Guaymas (10th & Serdan).
- June 19. Father’s Day in Mexico, Canada & USA.
- June 21. Summer Solstice.
- June 26. Triatlón, el EnduroTriX2. 6:30am.
- June 29. La Palapa Griega Grand Re-opening with Mike and Heidi, 6pm-9pm.
- June 30 – July 4. La Calaca July 4 Special, starting June 30. La Calaca restaurant is offering a 4th of July special from Friday, July 1 to Monday, July 4 from 4:00pm to closing. Enjoy 3 hard shell Tex-Mex tacos with rice & beans for 240 pesos.
- July 1. This year’s edition of the Festival Mar Bermejo will start at 5:00pm on July 1 with the Ruta del Art, at the Plaza del Kiosk in San Carlos.
- July 2. Beerfest. 1pm – midnight, Club Duo.
- July 2 & 3. Art Walk. 5:00pm – 9:00pm, and there’ll be live entertainment starting at 6:00pm.
- July 4. Mark Mulligan. 6pm, La Palapa Griega.
- July 8 – 13. Annual Festival del Mar Bermejo. Daily special events such as dance, theater, cinema and music at various locations in Guaymas. To commemorate the anniversary of The Battle of Guaymas, which occurred on July 13, 1854.
- July 18. Anniversary of the death of President Benito Juárez (March 21, 1806 to July 18, 1872).
- July 30. Anniversary of the death of Miguel Hidalgo, leader of the Mexican War of Independence (May 8, 1753 to July 30, 1811). This is NOT a national holiday.
- August 5 – 7. International Billfish Tournament.
- August 8. Anniversary of the birth of Emiliano Zapata (b.Aug 8, 1879, d.April 10, 1919). 2019 marks the 100th anniversary of the death of the historic leader of the Mexican Revolution, Emiliano Zapata, and Mexican President AMLO signed a decree declaring that 2019 is the Year of Emiliano Zapata.
- August 21 – 29. 10 teams, including teams from Mexico, Canada & the US will compete in the Women’s Pan American Volleyball Cup in Hermosillo from August 21 – 29. They will play at Arena Sonora (click for map). Click here for the schedule.
- August 26 – September 4. U-15 Baseball World Cup in Hermosillo, Sonora. Opening Day is set for 26 August, with the Opening Ceremony scheduled for 6:30pm.
- August 31. Guaymas Anniversary. On August 31, 1769 José de Gálvez founded the town of Guaymas and assigned the first plots: Civic Ceremony at 8:00am in Three Presidents Plaza. Concert by the Banda Sinfónica de la Secretaría de Marina at 7:00pm in the Guaymas Auditorium.
Holidays, Festivals, Fiesta and Special Events
Events San Carlos is a list of the major annual Holidays, Festivals and Fiestas and special events in San Carlos & Guaymas, Mexico.
Whether you’re looking for information on a Mexican Holiday or holiday, you’ll find it here.
Keep Exploring … San Carlos
Read the San Carlos Newsletter
Where to Stay?