Events San Carlos Sonora 2020: monthly calendars of events, festivals and fiestas in San Carlos and Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico. Find out what’s going on.
On event day, keep an eye on the local weather.
COVID-19 update. Assume all events, meetings and large public gatherings are cancelled / closed until further notice.
- October 4 & 5. San Carlos will again be featured in HGTV’s Mexico Life.
- October. San Carlos Hammer Down Tournament. Cancelled 2020 – see you in 2021.
- October 12. Día de la Raza in Mexico (Day of the Races / Columbus Day). It is not an official holiday.
- October 12. Thanksgiving (Canada).
- October 15. Mexican Pacific League baseball 2020-21 regular season starts with Naranjeros de Hermosillo at Navojoa and Mexicali at Obregon. The Naranjeros’ season home-opener is at 7:30pm on Tuesday, October 20 against Los Mochis.
- October 16. Mark Mulligan’s “Welcome Back San Carlos” Party. 5:00pm, La Palapa Griega. La Palapa will be serving their popular All- You-Can-Eat BBQ chicken and ribs, served with Greek salad and baked potato, for 240 pesos. Reserve your table at the restaurant or call 622-226-1888.
- October 17. Mark Mulligan & Mike Nash duo show. 5:00pm, La Palapa Griega. No cover, regular menu. Reserve your table at the restaurant or call 622-226-1888.
- October 24. L’Etape by Tour de France, San Carlos 2020. 7am. POSTPONED … new date not yet known
- October 29 – November 22. ExpoGan Sonora and Palenque in Hermosillo. POSTPONED from April 23 – May 17, 2020.
- October 30 – November 1. Tucson Sailing Club’s Annual Fall Regatta.
- October 29 – 31. Festival de la Calaca. San Carlos & Guaymas.
- October 31. Happy Halloween. Halloween Parties.
- October 31. HammerHead’s Dockside Bar & Grille annual Halloween Party with Gigi & the GLOW. 7:00pm.
- November 1-2. All Saints Day & Day of the Dead (Día de los Muertos) is an important Mexican holiday.
- November 5. Men’s golf league starts and continues every Thursday. 9am, San Carlos Country Club. For more information, contact Al Kohut at 226-1343.
- November 9 – 20. Buen Fin.
- November 20. Día de la Revolución (Revolution Day) observed third Monday in November, originally November 20. This official Mexican holiday commemorates the Mexican Revolution of 1910. School parade down the blvd.
- November 26. USA Thanksgiving.
- December 18. Fray Ivo Youth Orchestra Christmas Concert. 7:00pm, Civic Auditorium Guaymas.
- December 20. Fray Ivo Youth Orchestra Christmas Concert. 7:00pm, San Carlos (Venue TBD).
Book Your San Carlos or Guaymas Vacation Rental (with Booking.com)
Last Season Events San Carlos ….. (stay tuned for more 2020 events)
- November 1-2. All Saints Day & Day of the Dead (Día de los Muertos) is an important Mexican holiday.
- November 1. Rescate Auxiliary Meeting. 9am, San Carlos Yacht Club. Everyone Welcome.
- November 1. Colibrí’s & La Bartina 64’s Halloween Costume Party. Halloween Parties.
- November 2. Welcome Back Party with Los Country Boys. 7:00pm – 10:00pm, Delfines Bar and Grill.
- November 3. Seguro y Sano kick off party. 3:30pm – 6:30pm, La Palapa Griega.
- November 3. Festival Hallowauu. 5:00pm – 7:00pm, Guaymas Malecon
- November 5. Women’s golf starts. The Ladies 18 Holers tee off at 9am every Tuesday. Non-members are welcome.
- November 5. Colibrí’s 3 Year Anniversary Party. 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Colibrí Restaurant & Bar.
- November 8 – 10. Yoga Workshop. La Casa de Paja.
- November 8. San Carlos Photography Enthusiasts’ first meeting of the season. 8:30am, Tequila’s. For more info contact Rick Hadley via WhatsApp 622-176-1461 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- November 11. Sam Rainwater US Veterans Day show. 3:00pm – 6:00pm, San Carlos Country Club.
- November 12. Omar and the Gypsy Fish and the The San Carlos Youth School of Music Steel Pan Band. 1:00pm – 4:00pm, Soggy Peso.
- November 13. SBPA Event Planning and Volunteer Meeting. 10:30am, San Carlos Country Club.
- November 14. Rescate Welcome Back Margarita Party. 5pm – 7pm, Marinaterra Beach Club.
- November 15 – 18: Buen Fin.
- November 15. Rescate Auxiliary Meeting. 9am, San Carlos Yacht Club. Everyone Welcome.
- November 16. SBPA Used Bag of Books Sale. 10am – 2pm, Altered Tails Book Shoppe.
- November 16. “Five and a Half Mexicans” (Mark Mulligan and the amazing Forasteros Country Band). 5pm, La Palapa Griega.
- November 16. Rewind 60s, 70s, 80s with live music by The Dudes. 6pm, Guaymas Auditorium.
- November 17. Medio Maratón San Carlos. 6:30am.
- November 18. Sam Rainwater. 2:00pm – 5:00pm, The Hair of The Dog.
- November 19 – 24. Festival Tránsito en el Mar. On Novevmber 24, the Festival will be on Posada Beach from 4pm – 6pm with live music and dance.
- November 21. Mexican Party hosted by tourism students at ITSON. 3:00pm, ITSON.
- November 21. Pink Party Fundraiser. 5pm – 7pm, Colibri Restaurant.
- November 21. Sunset Bar & Grill will be serving a special 4 course dinner with wine pairing and live music. 5:00pm.
- November 21. Parrothead House Concert with Thom Shepherd.
- November 22. Martini Cove Underwater and Beach Clean Up, Ocean Sports and 72 Aquatics.
- November 22 & 23. Pickleball clinics with Jessie Irvine & Scott Crandall. 8:00am, Mirador Courts.
- November 22. ¡Juguetón 2019 with Grupo Zero. 5:00pm, Mr. Iguana’s.
- November 23. Mark Mulligan and Thom Shepherd duo show. 5pm, La Palapa Griega.
- November 19 – 24. Festival Tránsito en el Mar. November 24: Las Adictas al Baile, the Ballet Folklórico Sonora Tradicional from Hermosillo, and SensaNova will be performing. 4:00pm – 6:00pm, El Mar restaurant.
- November 24. Congreso Eucarístico. 3:30pm, Guaymas Auditorium.
- November 25. Sam Rainwater. 2:00pm – 5:00pm, The Hair of The Dog.
- November 28. USA Thanksgiving. Click here for a list of restaurants hosting special dinners.
- November 30. La Etapa San Carlos Bike Race (by Tour de France).
- December 2. Sam Rainwater. 2pm – 5pm, The Hair of The Dog.
- December 4. Christmas Tree Lighting. 5pm – 8pm, Colibri. 7pm, lighting of the tree. In support of Agua y Mas Orphanage.
- December 6. Rescate Auxiliary Meeting. 9am, San Carlos Yacht Club. Everyone Welcome.
- December 6. Christmas Parade in Guaymas with floats, marching bands and dance groups. 4:30pm – 7:30pm, along Serdan to 3 President’s Plaza.
- December 7. Special Kundalini Workshop with Kartar Romero. 9am – 12pm, La Casa de Paja.
- December 7. Art Walk. 9am – 3pm, Colibri.
- December 7. Festival del Camarón. 12pm – 5pm, Club Dúo Marinaterra.
- December 7. Visiting artist Kelly McGuire joins Mark Mulligan at La Palapa Griega.
- December 7. Sons of Freedom Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser. 5pm – 8pm, San Carlos County Club.
- December 8. Trail Running Race.
- December 8. Lions Club Pancake Breakfast. 8am to 12pm, Club Deportivo.
- December 9. Sam Rainwater. 2pm – 5pm, The Hair of The Dog.
- December 12. Día de Guadalupe (Day of Our Lady of Guadalupe).
- December 14: Sun & Holiday Fun Round Robin Pickleball Tournament.
- December 14. Rescate Christmas Boutique. 9am to 3pm, in the Catholic Church Plaza (next to Tortugas).
- December 15. Men’s & Women’s Holiday Golf Tournament. Registration starts at 9:00am and Shotgun start at 10:00am.
- December 15. EcoMarket Bazar. 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- December 15. 6th festival “Un juguete hace una sonrisa” (A toy makes a smile). 4pm, Guaymas Auditorium.
- December 16-24. Las Posadas – nine days of traditional festivities.
- December 18. Castaway Kids General Meeting. 9am, Castaway Kids’ Education Center.
- December 19. Orquesta Filarmonica Juvenil Christmas Concert. 7pm, Guaymas Auditorium.
- December 20. Rescate Auxiliary Meeting. 9am, San Carlos Yacht Club. Everyone Welcome.
- December 21. SBPA Holiday Bake Sale. 10:00am to 2:00pm, Altered Tails Book Shoppe.
- December 21. San Carlos Yacht Club Presentation: Escape from the Ordinary. 6:00pm.
- December 22. Christmas Carols with Sam Rainwater, Susan King and Friends. 4pm – 7pm, Colibri. A benefit for Castaway Kids.
- December 22. Hanukkah begins in the evening and ends in the evening of Monday, December 30.
- December 24. Noche Buena (Christmas Eve). Christmas Eve dinners around town.
- December 24. San Carlos Yacht Club Lighted Boat Parade. Watch the Parade of Lights from La Palapa Griega, El Mar Restaurant, Los Arbolitos, Turquesa or the beaches.
- December 25. Navidad (Christmas Day). List of dinners, parties, etc (2019 coming soon)
- December 25. Community Christmas dinner. Doors open at 1pm and dinner is at 2pm, San Carlos Yacht Club (sponsored by Barracuda Bob’s).
- December 28. Día de los Santos Inocentes (The Holy Innocents) is a National Holiday similar to April Fools’s Day, celebrated with lots of practical jokes.
- December 30. Celebrate New Years Eve-Eve with Sam Rainwater. 4pm – 7pm, HammerHead’s Dockside Bar & Grille.
- December 31. 3rd annual Carrera Convivencia San Silvestre (5 km run). 6:30am, Malecón Turístico Guaymas.
- December 31. Kundalini yoga class. 4:00pm – 5:30pm, La Casa de Paja.
- December 31. New Year’s eve at Club Duo. MarinaTerra has special lodging rates. More information and book at (622) 225-2020 ext. 2.
- December 31. Fin de Año/New Years Eve. List of special dinners and parties.
- January 1. Año Nuevo / New Years Day is an official Mexican holiday.
- January 1. Hangover Golf Tournament.
- January 1. Kundalini yoga class. 9:00am – 10:30am, La Casa de Paja.
- January 1. Sons of Freedom Pajama parade. Meet at Tortugas by 10:00am. Parade will leave about 11:00am.
- January 3. Rescate Auxiliary Meeting. 9am, San Carlos Yacht Club. Everyone Welcome.
- January 5. Cabezas de Loro Annual Meeting and Happy Hour. 12:30pm, La Palapa Griega, with Los Country Boys at 2:00pm.
- January 6. Día de los Reyes Magos.
- January 6. Cast Call / auditions for Rescate Theatrical Event. 2:00pm, El Mar Restaurant’s event room.
- January 9. Club Deportivo Pancake Breakfast. 7:30am – 11:30am.
- January 12. Rotary’s Cow Plop Bingo. Telesecundaria (Jr High School) in the Ranchitos.
- January 15. Castaway Kids General Meeting. 9:00am, Castaway Kids’ Education Center.
- January 16. Jay Barwell Art Exhibit. 4:00pm – 7:00pm, Galeria Bellas Artes.
- January 17. Rescate Auxiliary Meeting. 9am, San Carlos Yacht Club. Everyone Welcome.
- January 17. Mark Mulligan. 5:00pm, Koyotl in Guaymas.
- January 17 – 25. FAOT Music Festival in Alamos. January 22 show in Guaymas.
- January 18 – 19. La Liga de Arte San Carlos Art Show. 9:00am to 3:00pm on Saturday and 10:00am to 2:00pm on Sunday. Tecalai Clubhouse.
- January 18. Expo CIMA Health. 11:00am – 3:00pm, Club Duo (Marinaterra Beach).
- January 18. Annual Club Deportivo Steak Dinner. The bar opens at 4:30pm and dinner is served at 5:30pm.
- January 19. “Run to End Violence” for Seguro y Sano. 9:00am, Bartina 64
- January 20. Mark Mulligan. 6:00pm, San Carlos Community Church.
- January 23. San Carlos Education Series: Crime Prevention in San Carlos with Comisario Enrique Gamez. 7:00pm, Club Deportivo.
- January 25. Visiting artist Mike Nash joins Mark Mulligan. 5pm, La Palapa Griega.
- January 25 – 26. Rescate Presidents Cup Golf Tournament. Cancelled
- January 27. Fox and Hound Off Road Fun Run. 9:00am. Rally starts at the San Carlos softbal field behind the telesecundaria.
- January 27. Cabezas de Loro House Concert with Mike Nash. 1:00pm.
- January 29. SBPA Luncheon and Fashion Show. 11am – 2pm, Salon DUO (Marina Terra Beach).
- January 30. San Carlos Education Series: Sealion Disentanglement Program. 7:00pm, Club Deportivo.
- January 31. Art Show Memorial: The Colors of Oscar Zepeda. 4:00pm – 7:00pm, Kiosk at Rafael T. Caballero plaza next to San Carlos Borromeo church.
- February 1. Cheeseburgers in Paradise with Mark, Susan & Chuck. 5:00pm, La Palapa Griega.
- February 2. Super Bowl LIV (54) showing in sports bars and restaurants around town. See list of locations and food & drink specials.
- February 3. Día de la Constitucion (Constitution Day) is February 5, but is observed the first Monday in February. It is a public holiday.
- February 4 and 5. Scott Moore Pickleball Boot Camp & mini clinics.
- February 6 – 10. Sombrero Showdown Pickleball Tournament
- February 7. Rescate Auxiliary Meeting. 9am, San Carlos Yacht Club. Everyone Welcome.
- February 8. Divine Intimacy: Tantra Yoga Master Class for Couples. 9:00am to 12:00pm, La Casa de Paja.
- February 8. Rescate Annual Grand Bazaar. 9am to 2pm in the Town Square by the Catholic Church (the Rescate Marketplace is cancelled today).
- February 9. EcoMarket Bazar. 9:00am – 4:00pm, Casa Desierto.
- February 9. Colibri Art Walk. 10:00am to 6:00pm, Colibri Restaurant.
- February 11. Rotary Tour of Homes.
- February 12. Castaway Kids General Meeting. 9:00am, Castaway Kids’ Education Center.
- February 13. Valentines Golf Tournament. Registration at 9:00am and Shot Gun start at 10:00am. San Carlos Country Club.
- February 13. Jerry Nelson’s “Once Upon a Time in the West” art opening. 4:00pm to 7:00pm. Galeria Bella Artes.
- February 14. Valentine’s Day. Specials dinners around town.
- February 15. Back Health Workshop. 9:00am to 12:00pm, La Casa de Paja.
- February 15. High Tea and Silent Auction for the Caminata por la Vida . 2pm – 4pm, San Carlos Yacht Club.
- February 15. Club Deportivo Valentine’s Day Prime Rib Dinner. Doors open at 4:30pm, and dinner is served at 5:30pm.
- February 16. Walk for Life / Caminata por la Vida. 10am, La Palapa Beach.
- February 16. Mardi Gras at Colibri with the SeaNotes and Susan King. 5:30pm – 8:30pm, Colibri.
- February 20. Education Series: Urgent and Emergency Medical Care in San Carlos. 7:00pm, Club Deportivo.
- February 20 – 22. International Cup Golf Tournament.
- February 20 – 25. Carnaval Guaymas.
- February 21. Rescate Auxiliary Meeting. 9am, San Carlos Yacht Club. Everyone Welcome.
- February 24. Día de la Bandera Mexicana.
- February 27. Cabezas de Loro House Concert with Rob Mehl. 1:00pm.
- February 27. An Evening with SBPA. 7pm, Club Deportivo.
- February 28. Pig Roast. 2:00pm, Robert Dunn’s Ranch.
- February 29. Visiting artist Rob Mehl joins Mark Mulligan. 5:00pm, La Palapa Griega.
- February 29. Esperanza Azteca Leap for Joy Concert. Doors open at 4:00pm and concert starts at 5:00pm, San Carlos Plaza.
- March 1. Color Fun Run. 9:00am, Club Duo.
- March 5. Club Deportivo’s annual Ceramics Show & Sale and Breakfast. 8:00am to 12pm.
- March 6. Rescate Auxiliary Meeting. 9am, San Carlos Yacht Club. Everyone Welcome.
- March 7. International Women’s Day Breakfast hosted by Seguro y Sano – Safe & Sound. 10:00am to 12:00pm, Armida Hotel in Guaymas.
- March 7. Rotary Carne Asada. 11:30am – 3pm, Ranchitos Primaria “Cuauhtemoc”.
- March 7. VinoFest San Carlos. Club Duo.
- March 7. Sons of Freedom 13th Anniversary Party. San Carlos Country Club.
- March 8. Colibri Art Walk. 10:00am to 6:00pm, Colibri Restaurant.
- March 10. Castaway Kids Beach Party. noon – dusk, Soggy Peso.
- March 12. New Healing Center Grand Opening. 3:00pm to 6:00pm, The Saint Mary Center for Health and Peace.
- March 12 & 14 Men’s Golf Club Championship.
- March 13. Concert to the Coyotes. 4:00pm, Rancho Nacapule.
- March 14. Holistic Health Fair. 7:30am to 5:00pm, the Gathering Place Community Center, Marina San Carlos.
- March 16 (3rd Monday in March) — day off to commemorate Benito Juarez birthday on March 21, 1806. Schools and many businesses are closed.
- March 17. St Patrick’s day Golf Tournament.
- March 17. St Patrick’s Day Dinners around town. La Palapa Griega, Club Deportivo.
COVID-19 update. These scheduled events have now been canceled:
- March 19. Parrot Head Happy Hour with Sam Rainwater. 4pm, Marvida.
- March 20 – 26. Rescate Theatrical Event. El Mar Restaurant event room. There will be a 1 pm matinee at the dress rehearsal on Friday, March 20 for the reduced price of 250 pesos and the main event will be at 7 pm from Sunday March 22nd through Thursday March 26.
- March 21. Rescate Auxiliary Meeting. 9am, San Carlos Yacht Club. Everyone Welcome.
- March 24 & 27 Women’s Golf Club Championship.
- March 24. Cabezas de Loro House Concert with Sunny Jim White. 1:00pm.
- March 26. last day for Thursday’s Men’s Golf.
- March 31. last day for Tuesday Ladies Day.
- March 28. Visiting artist Sunny Jim joins Mark Mulligan. 5pm, La Palapa Griega.
- April 5 – 12. Semana Santa (Easter week from Palm Sunday through Easter Sunday).
- April 10. Good Friday.
- April 12. Easter Sunday.
- April 30. Día Del Niño.
normally in May – August, but cancelled in 2020
- May. Guaymas (Cet del Mar) Paddle Event.
- May. Festival del Pitic in Hermosillo.
- May. Tucson Sailing Club Spring Regatta.
- May. Carrera 6 Horas: 6 hour mountain bike race.
- May 22, 23, and 24. The Ladies International Fishing Tournament.
- May. Memorial Weekend Parties.
- May – June. Yacht Club / Rescate Fishing Tournament.
- June 14 & 15. 7th Annual Marinaterra Dorado Derby Fishing Tournament.
- May 1. Dia del Trabajo (Labor Day)
- May 3. Día de la Santa Cruz. Construction workers decorate and mount crosses on unfinished buildings.
- May 5. Cinco de Mayo is not observed as a national holiday in Mexico, but all public schools are closed.
- May 10. Mother’s Day events in San Carlos (this year, Mother’s Day in Mexico, USA and Canada is May 10).
- May 15. Teacher’s Day in Mexico.
- June 1. Dia de la Marina (Mexican Navy Day). Official Mexican holiday. Celebration in Guaymas.
- June 20. Summer Solstice.
- June 21. Father’s Day in Mexico, Canada & USA.
- July 5 – 7. 72nd International Billfish Tournament (Ernesto Zaragoza Foundation).
- July 10 – 14. Annual Festival del Mar Bermejo. Daily special events such as dance, theater, cinema and music at various locations in Guaymas. To commemorate the anniversary of The Battle of Guaymas, which occurred on July 13, 1854.
- July 18. Anniversary of the death of President Benito Juárez (March 21, 1806 to July 18, 1872).
- July 30. Anniversary of the death of Miguel Hidalgo, leader of the Mexican War of Independence (May 8, 1753 to July 30, 1811). This is NOT a national holiday.
- August 8. Anniversary of the birth of Emiliano Zapata (b.Aug 8, 1879, d.April 10, 1919). 2019 marks the 100th anniversary of the death of the historic leader of the Mexican Revolution, Emiliano Zapata, and Mexican President AMLO signed a decree declaring that 2019 is the Year of Emiliano Zapata.
- August 17. SBPA Used Bag of Books Sale. 10am – 2pm, Altered Tails Book Shoppe.
- August 31. Guaymas Anniversary. On August 31, 1769 José de Gálvez founded the town of Guaymas and assigned the first plots: Civic Ceremony at 8:00am in Three Presidents Plaza. Concert by the Banda Sinfónica de la Secretaría de Marina at 7:00pm in the Guaymas Auditorium.
- September 1. Annual State of the Union.
- September 7. Labor Day (USA & Canada).
- September. Foto Sonora Guaymas.
- September 13. Los Niños Héroes, Hero of the Mexican-American War 1847. Battle of Chapultepec.
- September. Cruce de Bahia Miramar (swimming race). CANCELLED 2020
- September 15. Gran Fiesta Mexicana at Colibrí’s.
- September 16. Día de la Independencia / Mexican Independence Day. Mayor’s State of the City address.
- On Friday, September 18, Rosh Hashanah will begin at sunset and end at sunset on Sunday, September 20. Happy New Year (shana tova)!
- Yom Kippur 2020 will begin in the evening of Sunday, September 27 and ends in the evening of Monday, September 28.
- San Carlos will again be featured in HGTV’s Mexico Life in episodes airing September 27 & 28.
Holidays, Festivals, Fiesta and Special Events
Events San Carlos is a list of the major annual Holidays, Festivals and Fiestas and special events in San Carlos & Guaymas, Mexico.
Whether you’re looking for information on a Mexican Holiday or holiday, you’ll find it here.
Keep Exploring … San Carlos
Read the San Carlos Newsletter