Events in San Carlos Sonora 2023: monthly calendars of events, festivals and fiestas in San Carlos and Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico. Find out what’s going on.
For more event and entertainment information, including a list of who’s playing where, and a daily calendar of what’s going on this week, subscribe to the free weekly entertainment newsletter.
On event day, keep an eye on the local weather.
Events San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico 2023
Check the free weekly entertainment newsletter for more information on these events:
Book Your San Carlos or Guaymas Vacation Rental (with Booking.com)
- March 5. Color Fun Run. 9am, Club Duo.
- March 8. Festival Violeta. 5pm march from Casa de la Cultura to Kiosko 13 Julio in Guaymas followed by music, dance, speeches, and more.
- March 9. Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser & Ceramics Show. 8am – noon, Club Deportivo.
- March 11. Liga de Arte Art Show. 9am to 3pm, Tecalai Club House.
- March 11. Holistic Health Fair. 10am to 6pm, Club Deportivo.
- March 11. Vino Fest. ClubDuo by Marinaterra.
- March 11. Ostioneros de Guaymas basketball home opener versus Hermosillo at Gimnasio Municipal Guaymas at 8:30pm. Find the full CIBACOPA schedule here and follow the team on Facebook.
- March 17. St Patrick’s Day Green Beer & Dinners around town (i.e., La Palapa Griega & Club Deportivo).
- March 18. Rotary’s Carne Asada. 11:30, Ranchito’s Primary School.
- March 20 (3rd Monday in March) — day off to commemorate Benito Juarez birthday on March 21, 1806. Schools and many businesses are closed.
- March 21. Vino & Van Gogh. 3:00pm – 5:00pm at The San Carlos Athletic Club.
- March 24 – 26. Grand Opening Tournament. Click here for more info.
- March 26. CRRIFS & SBPA New Facility Grand Opening from noon to 4:00. Omar on Piano, and Ready Set Dance kids performance. Sonarán hot dogs and corn on the cob. FREE admission.
- March 31. Dia del Taco. La Calaca.
- April 1. SBPA Tianguis.
- April 2 – 8. Semana Santa (Easter week from Palm Sunday through Easter Sunday).
- Passover begins in the evening of Wednesday, April 5 and ends in the evening of Thursday, April 13
- April 7. Good Friday.
- April 9. Easter Sunday.
- April 20. Medio Maraton Guaymas. 21k
- April 20 – May 21. Palenque and ExpoGan Sonora.
- April 30. Día Del Niño.
- June 10. Matute. Club Duo
Last Season Events in San Carlos ….. (stay tuned for more 2023 events)
- May 1. Dia del Trabajo (Labor Day)
- May 3. Día de la Santa Cruz. Construction workers decorate and mount crosses on unfinished buildings.
- May 5. Cinco de Mayo is not observed as a national holiday in Mexico, but all public schools are closed.
- May 7. San Carlos Yellowtail Spearfishing Tournament.
- May 8. Medio Maratón Guaymas. 7:00am, Hotel Armida.
- May 8 & 10. Mother’s Day events in San Carlos (this year, Mother’s Day in USA and Canada is Sunday, May 8 and in Mexico is Monday, May 10).
- May 12. Doggy Pool Party to benefit Matty’s Rescue. Noon – 2:00pm, 971 Primaria, Ranchitos.
- May 15. Teacher’s Day in Mexico.
- May 22. Pool Party Fundraiser for Maria Ines. Music (Mike & Heidi), Food & Drinks. 12pm – 5pm, Athleticlub San Carlos.
- May 26 – 29. Fiestas del Pitic. Hermosillo.
- May 27 – 29. Ladies International Fishing Tournament.
- May 27 – 29. Tucson Sailing Club Spring Regatta.
- May 28 – 31. Memorial Weekend. Monday, May 30 is Memorial Day in the US.
- May 29. Marina Beer Fest. 2:00pm – 7:00pm, Restaurants at Marina San Carlos.
- June 1. Dia de la Marina (Mexican Navy Day). Official Mexican holiday. Celebration in Guaymas.
- June 2. Ready, Set, Dance showcase. 6pm, El Mar Restaurant.
- June 1 – 3. International AMPI Tourism Summit in San Carlos.
- June 3 – 6. Yacht Club / Rescate Fishing Tournament.
- June 3 & 4. Dorado Derby Fishing Tournament.
- June 5. 5 & 10k Race for Navy Day. 6:30am, Guaymas Malecon.
- June 17. Coronation of King and Queen of Pride. 7:00pm. Colibrí Restaurant.
- June 18. Pride March. 6:00pm. Guaymas (10th & Serdan).
- June 19. Father’s Day in Mexico, Canada & USA.
- June 21. Summer Solstice.
- June 26. Triatlón, el EnduroTriX2. 6:30am.
- June 29. La Palapa Griega Grand Re-opening with Mike and Heidi, 6pm-9pm.
- June 30 – July 4. La Calaca July 4 Special, starting June 30. La Calaca restaurant is offering a 4th of July special from Friday, July 1 to Monday, July 4 from 4:00pm to closing. Enjoy 3 hard shell Tex-Mex tacos with rice & beans for 240 pesos.
- July 1. This year’s edition of the Festival Mar Bermejo will start at 5:00pm on July 1 with the Ruta del Art, at the Plaza del Kiosk in San Carlos.
- July 2. Beerfest. 1pm – midnight, Club Duo.
- July 2 & 3. Art Walk. 5:00pm – 9:00pm, and there’ll be live entertainment starting at 6:00pm.
- July 4. Mark Mulligan. 6pm, La Palapa Griega.
- July 8 – 13. Annual Festival del Mar Bermejo. Daily special events such as dance, theater, cinema and music at various locations in Guaymas. To commemorate the anniversary of The Battle of Guaymas, which occurred on July 13, 1854.
- July 18. Anniversary of the death of President Benito Juárez (March 21, 1806 to July 18, 1872).
- July 30. Anniversary of the death of Miguel Hidalgo, leader of the Mexican War of Independence (May 8, 1753 to July 30, 1811). This is NOT a national holiday.
- August 5 – 7. International Billfish Tournament.
- August 8. Anniversary of the birth of Emiliano Zapata (b.Aug 8, 1879, d.April 10, 1919). 2019 marks the 100th anniversary of the death of the historic leader of the Mexican Revolution, Emiliano Zapata, and Mexican President AMLO signed a decree declaring that 2019 is the Year of Emiliano Zapata.
- August 21 – 29. 10 teams, including teams from Mexico, Canada & the US will compete in the Women’s Pan American Volleyball Cup in Hermosillo from August 21 – 29. They will play at Arena Sonora (click for map). Click here for the schedule.
- August 26 – September 4. U-15 Baseball World Cup in Hermosillo, Sonora. Opening Day is set for 26 August, with the Opening Ceremony scheduled for 6:30pm.
- August 31. Guaymas Anniversary. On August 31, 1769 José de Gálvez founded the town of Guaymas and assigned the first plots: Civic Ceremony at 8:00am in Three Presidents Plaza. Concert by the Banda Sinfónica de la Secretaría de Marina at 7:00pm in the Guaymas Auditorium.
- September 1. Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador will deliver his State of the Union (Informe de Gobierno).
- September 4. Cruce de Bahia Miramar. 7am. Register here.
- September 5. Labor Day (USA & Canada).
- September 13. Los Niños Héroes, Hero of the Mexican-American War 1847. Battle of Chapultepec.
- September 16. Día de la Independencia / Mexican Independence Day. Mayor’s State of the City address.
- Lighted Boat Parade in San Carlos. Leaving Marina San Carlos at 6:00pm and traveling along San Francisco Beach.
- Mexican Buffet at Embarcadero. From 2pm – 7pm.
- On Sunday, September 25, Rosh Hashanah will begin at sunset and end at sunset on Tuesday, September 27. Happy New Year (shana tova)!
- September 29 – October 1. Wakeboard Competition. Sector Bahia.
- Yom Kippur will begin in the evening of Tuesday, October 4 and ends in the evening of Wednesday, October 5.
- October 7 – 9. Hammer Down Fishing Tournament
- October 10. Thanksgiving (Canada).
- October 12. Día de la Raza in Mexico (Day of the Races / Columbus Day). It is not an official holiday.
- October 12. The Mexican Pacific Baseball League gets under way in October. The LMP 2022-23 regular season starts with Naranjeros de Hermosillo at home against Obregon at 7:00pm on Wednesday, October 12.
- October 15. Wine Talks at Colibri, 6pm.
- October 15. 4 horas Baviso, MTB. 6pm – 10pm, Pista El Baviso. Register online here.
- October 15 & 16. Hot air balloon festival in Hermosillo.
- October 16. Trail Run San Carlos. 7am, Track Estero del Soldado. Register here.
- October 16. Noche de Mariachi. 7pm, Colibri.
- October 25. Mark Mulligan’s “Welcome Back San Carlos” Party. 5:00pm, La Palapa Griega. La Palapa will be serving their popular All- You-Can-Eat BBQ chicken and ribs, served with Greek salad and baked potato for 280 pesos. Reserve your table at the restaurant or call 622-226-1888.
- October 26. Pink Party. 6pm, Colibri.
- October 27. Halloween Costume Party with Prizes. 6:00pm – midnight. Colibri Restaurant & Bar.
- October 28 – 30. Tucson Sailing Club’s Annual Fall Regatta.
- October 28 – 30. Festival de la Calaca. San Carlos & Guaymas.
- October 30. Triatlon San Carlos. 7am, Playa Posada. Register here.
- October 30. Art Walk. Colibri, noon to 8:30pm. There’ll be live entertainment during the event from noon – 2:00pm, and then Cadenza with Laura will be performing from 6:00pm – 9:00pm.
- October 30. Calaca Running Meta. 7:00pm, Palacio Municipal in Guaymas.
- October 30 & 31. Haunted House. 4:00pm – 8:00pm, Paradise Realty (formerly Siesta Realty).
- October 31. Happy Halloween. Halloween Parties.
- November 1-2. All Saints Day & Day of the Dead (Día de los Muertos) is an important Mexican holiday.
- November 2. Colibri 6 year Anniversary Celebration. Live entertainment from 5:00pm – 7:00pm. Valeria Quijada, classically trained soprano opera singer, will be accompanied by pianist Roberto Galvan.
- November 10. Rescate Welcome Back Margarita Party. 5:00pm, Marinterra Beach Club.
- November 12 and every Saturday thereafter. Rescate Marketplace. 9:00am – 1:00pm, Rescate Clinic parking lot. All vendors are welcome (artisans, cooks, crafters). For more information and to reserve your space, call 622-126-2112 or 303-246-0275.
- November 16. Fall Ball. 6:00pm – 9:00pm, Colibri.
- El Buen Fin begins on Friday, November 18 and ends on Monday, November 21.
- November 18. El Cascanueces (The Nutcracker) ballet with the Bulgarian National Ballet. 7:30pm, Guaymas auditorium. Tickets at the box office or online here.
- November 19. CRRIFS Tianguis / Yard Sale. 8:00am – 2:00pm, Wildlife Center in Ranchitos.
- November 19. Pickleball Welcome Back Party. 5:30pm, San Carlos Yacht Club.
- November 20. Maraton San Carlos, run 42 km, 21 km or 6.5 km. Register here.
- November 21. Día de la Revolución (Revolution Day) observed third Monday in November, originally November 20. This official Mexican holiday commemorates the Mexican Revolution of 1910.
- November 21 – December 17. Mexico, Canada and the US all qualified for 2022 World Cup in Qatar. Watch the games in sports bars around town.
- November 24. USA Thanksgiving. Click here for a list of restaurants hosting special dinners.
- November 26. Expo Sahuaro & Mezquite. Artists’ alley and live music from noon – 7:00pm at Kiosko de San Carlos (by Bonifacio’s).
- December 2. Christmas Parade down Serdan in Guaymas (from Calle 10 to 3 Presidents Plaza), starting at 4:00pm.
- December 3. Rescate Christmas Boutique. 9am – 3pm, Catholic Church Plaza.
- December 3. Sonora Riders Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser. 5pm – 8pm, San Carlos County Club.
- December 10. SBPA Bake ‘n Book Sale fundraiser. 9:00am-2:00pm, Altered Tails Book Shoppe.
- December 12. Día de Guadalupe (Day of Our Lady of Guadalupe).
- December 12. Christmas Tree Lighting Fundraiser. 5:00pm – 8:00pm, Plaza las Palmas.
- December 15. La Calaca Pickleball Christmas Party. 5:00pm.
- December 16-24. Las Posadas – nine days of traditional festivities.
- December 16. La Manga Posada – a Christmas Party for the kids of La Manga. 2:00pm – 5:00pm, at the Elementary School in La Manga.
- December 16. Christmas Black Party at Xunuta.
- Hanukkah begins in the evening Sunday, December 18 and ends in the evening of Monday, December 26.
- December 18. Martial Arts Show. 4:00pm, Guaymas Auditorium.
- December 22. Calaca Posada Fundraiser. 5:00pm, La Calaca.
- December 23. Lighted Boat Parade. Watch the Parade of Lights from waterfront restaurants like La Palapa Griega and El Mar Restaurant or the beaches. The boat parade will start at dusk (approx. 5:30pm) from the San Carlos Marina. The lighted boats will be going along the shoreline past the beachfront restaurants down to San Francisco beach and then turn around and come back to the marina.
- December 23. Christmas Carols with Sam Rainwater for Castaway Kids. 3:30pm – 5:50pm, Marvida.
- December 24. Noche Buena (Christmas Eve). Christmas Eve dinners around town (Embarcadero, Sunset Bar & Grill, Bonifacio’s, HammerHead’s, Casa Manolo, Colibri, Altamarea, La Catrina, Tortuga).
- December 25. Navidad (Christmas Day). Special dinner at Sunset bar & Grill.
- December 28. Día de los Santos Inocentes (The Holy Innocents) is a National Holiday similar to April Fools’s Day, celebrated with lots of practical jokes.
- December 30. Sam Rainwater special Happy Hour New Years Eve-Eve. 2:00pm – 5:00pm, HammerHead’s Dockside Bar & Grille.
- December 31. Fin de Año/New Years Eve. List of special dinners and parties.
- January 1. Año Nuevo / New Years Day is an official Mexican holiday.
- January 1. San Carlos Riders Pajama Parade. Meet at Tortuga’s restaurant at 9:00am. Parade will leave about 11:00am and travel along the main boulevard, ending at KCs sport bar.
- January 1. Hangover Golf Tournament.
- January 1. Spiked Coffee at Sunset Bar & Grill. From 11:00am to 1:00pm, your first spiked coffee is on the house. Son Desierto will play live music from noon – 3:00pm, then Utopia from 5:00pm to 8:00pm.
- January 6. Día de los Reyes Magos.
- January 12. Mark Mulligan Concert. 6:00pm, San Carlos Community Church. All donations will be split between Mark’s charities and the church’s mission fund aiding needs in the local area. All are welcome, regardless of faith or denomination.
- January 14 & 15. Liga de Arte Art Show. Tecalai. 9 – 3 on Saturday and 10 – 2 on Sunday.
- January 15. Rotary’s Cow Plop Bingo. Telesecundaria (Jr High School) in the Ranchitos.
- January 18. SBPA Luncheon. 11am – 2pm, La Turquesa Patio behind Turquesa Restaurant.
- January 20 – 28. FAOT Music Festival in Alamos.
- January 21. Club Deportivo Steak Dinner. The bar opens at 4:30pm and dinner is served at 5:30pm.
- January 25. Club Deportivo Annual Ceramics Show & Pancake Breakfast.
- January 27. Book Talk Benefit for Castaway Kids. 10:00am, Tecalai Library.
- February 2. Día de la Candelaria Tamale Fest. La Calaca.
- February 3. Art & Walk. 2:00pm – midnight, patio in front of Bonifacios.
- February 4. San Carlos Community Church Bazaar. 9:00am – 1:00pm. All items hand made from cakes to quilts. All proceeds to the SCCC Benevolence Fund.
- February 6. Día de la Constitucion (Constitution Day) is February 5, but is observed the first Monday in February. It is a public holiday.
- February 6. Club Deportivo’s Annual Meeting at 10:00am. Lunch will be served to Life Members.
- February 11. Rescate’s Grand Bazaar. 9am to 3pm in the Town Square by the Catholic Church.
- February 11. Wine Tasting and Tour of Homes. 1:00pm – 4:00pm, Paradise Real Estate.
- February 11. San Carlos Drag Race. 120 pesos cover. 5:00pm. Colibrí Restaurant & Bar.
- February 12. Third annual Walk/Run to End Domestic Violence for Seguro Y Sano, Seguro Y Protegida. All proceeds will be going towards establishing a shelter and resources to help women and children move forward.
- February 12. Super Bowl LVII (57) showing in sports bars and restaurants around town. See list of locations and food & drink specials (2023 coming soon).
- February 13. Rotary’s Fiesta de Mardi Gras. 3:00pm, Club Duo. Music, drinks, food, auction, dancing and entertainment. Tickets are now available in front of CiBanco and Santa Rosa Market.
- February 14. Restaurants in town will have special Valentine’s Day events, including Blackie’s, Bonifacio’s, Colibrí and Tortuga’s, La Catrina, Sunset and La Calaca.
- February 16 to 21. Carnaval.
- February 18 – 19. Exatec Golf Tournament in Obregon. For more information and to register, visit their Facebook page
- February 18. Poolside Por Sonora. Starts at noon, Maukaa Restaurant & Beach Club. Get your tickets at xticket.mx.
- February 18. Club Deportivo Pork Dinner. Doors open at 4:30pm and dinner is served around 5:30pm.
- February 23 – 25. San Carlos Beach & Desert Rally. 3 days of entertainment for all ages.
- February 24. Día de la Bandera Mexicana.
- February 24 – 26. Grandes Ligas de Pickleball Tournament, at the San Carlos Pickleball Club. Each player is guaranteed 4 matches (8 games) plus the Round Robin on Friday. Cost: $1000 MXN Register here.
- February 25. Black Tie Optional Gala Silent Art Auction. 5:30pm – 8:00pm, Playa Blanca Salon. Tickets available at Vive Real Estate and Castaway Kids.
- February 27 – March 1. Huichol artists. 10:00am – 4:00pm, Tecalai.
Super Bowl (Super Bowl)
Valentine’s Day (Valentine’s Day)
Holidays, Festivals, Fiesta and Special Events
Looking for Mexican Holidays, fun events, festivals and fiestas for your vacation? All year long, there’s something fun going on in the beach towns of San Carlos and Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico.
Events San Carlos is a list of the major annual Holidays, Festivals and Fiestas and special events in San Carlos & Guaymas, Mexico.
Whether you’re looking for information on a Mexican Holiday or holiday, you’ll find it here.
Keep Exploring … San Carlos
Read the San Carlos Newsletter
Where to Stay?