On event day, keep an eye on the local weather.
Events San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico 2021
Check the free weekly entertainment newsletter for more information on these events:
- October 5. The Mexican Pacific Baseball League gets under way in October. The LMP 2021-22 regular season starts with Naranjeros de Hermosillo at home against Mexicali at 7:00pm on Tuesday, October 5. Obregon’s first game is in Navajoa on Wednesday, October 6.
- October 8 – 10. San Carlos Hammer Down Tournament.
- October 10. Triatlón. Starts at 6:15am. For more information and to register, visit the website.
- October 11. Thanksgiving (Canada).
- October 12. Día de la Raza in Mexico (Day of the Races / Columbus Day). It is not an official holiday.
- October 17. Trail Running. For more information and to register, visit the website.
- October 27. Sam Rainwater. 3:00pm – 6:00pm, Soggy Peso.
- October 29. Mark Mulligan’s “Welcome Back San Carlos” Party. 5:00pm, La Palapa Griega. La Palapa will be serving their popular All- You-Can-Eat BBQ chicken and ribs, served with Greek salad and baked potato, for 280 pesos. Reserve your table at the restaurant or call 622-226-1888.
- October 29 – 31. Tucson Sailing Club’s Annual Fall Regatta.
- October 29. La Bartina 64 Halloween Costume Party, starting at 7pm.
- October 30. Pumpkin Carving Contest. Marvida Taproom & Kitchen, 2pm – 4pm.
- October 30. HammerHead’s Spook-tacular Halloween Party, starting at 7pm.
- October 30 – 31. Festival de la Calaca. San Carlos & Guaymas.
- October 31. Colibri Art Walk. 10am – 5pm.
- October 31. Happy Halloween. Halloween Parties.
Book Your San Carlos or Guaymas Vacation Rental (with Booking.com)
- November 1-2. All Saints Day & Day of the Dead (Día de los Muertos) is an important Mexican holiday.
- November 2. Dia de los Muertos at La Calaca Tacos y Cerveza, starting at 1:00pm.
- November 5. Colibri 5 year Anniversary Celebration. Live entertainment from 6:00pm – 9:00pm with the popular band Grupo Sabor a Mi.
- November 11. Rescate Welcome Back Margarita Party. 5pm, Marinaterra Beach Club.
- November 10 – 16. Buen Fin.
- November 13 and every Saturday thereafter. Rescate Marketplace. 9:00am – 1:00pm, Rescate Clinic parking lot. All vendors are welcome (artisans, cooks, crafters). For more information and to reserve your space, call 622-126-2112 or 303-246-0275.
- November 14. Maratón San Carlos. 6:30am.
- November 15. Día de la Revolución (Revolution Day) observed third Monday in November, originally November 20. This official Mexican holiday commemorates the Mexican Revolution of 1910.
- November 19. Gala Full Moon Party. Sunset Bar & Grill
- November 25. USA Thanksgiving. Click here for a list of restaurants hosting special dinners (2021 info coming soon).
- November 28. Hanukkah begins in the evening and ends in the evening of Monday, December 6.
- December 12. Día de Guadalupe (Day of Our Lady of Guadalupe).
- December 12. Trail Running Race. Pisa Estero del Soldado starting at 7:30am.
- December 16-24. Las Posadas – nine days of traditional festivities.
- December 24. Noche Buena (Christmas Eve). Christmas Eve dinners around town. 2021 info soon
- December 25. Navidad (Christmas Day). List of dinners, etc. 2021 info soon
- December 28. Día de los Santos Inocentes (The Holy Innocents) is a National Holiday similar to April Fools’s Day, celebrated with lots of practical jokes.
- December 31. Fin de Año/New Years Eve. List of special dinners and parties. 2021 info soon
Last Season Events San Carlos ….. (stay tuned for more 2021 events)
- December 2. Christmas Tree Lighting. 5pm – 8pm, Colibri. In support of Agua y Mas Orphanage.
- December 6. “Kick off the Holiday Season” Boat Parade. The boat parade will start at dusk (approx. 5:30pm) from the San Carlos Marina. The lighted boats will be going along the shoreline past the beachfront restaurants down to San Francisco beach and then turn around just past Charly’s Rock.
- December 24. San Carlos Yacht Club Lighted Boat Parade. Watch the Parade of Lights from La Palapa Griega, El Mar Restaurant, Los Arbolitos, Turquesa or the beaches.
- Let Embarcadero Cocina + Bar do the Cooking. Order today at 622-225-2020, ext. 04, for pick-up on December 24 or 31 and enjoy a delicious meal at home.
- January 1. Año Nuevo / New Years Day is an official Mexican holiday.
- January 1. San Carlos Riders Pajama parade. Meet at Tortugas at 9:00am. Parade will leave about 11:00am.
- January 6. Día de los Reyes Magos.
- February 1. Día de la Constitucion (Constitution Day) is February 5, but is observed the first Monday in February. It is a public holiday.
- February 7. Super Bowl LV (55) showing in sports bars and restaurants around town. See list of locations and food & drink specials.
- February 14. Valentine’s Day. Specials dinners around town.
- February 24. Día de la Bandera Mexicana.
- March 15 (3rd Monday in March) — day off to commemorate Benito Juarez birthday on March 21, 1806. Schools and many businesses are closed.
- March 17. St. Patricks Day Take-out dinner. Club Deportivo. Tickets will be on sale soon as CI Bank for 300 pesos.
- March 17. St Patrick’s Day Dinners around town.
- March 19. Mark Mulligan back at La Palapa Griega.
- March 20. Bodega Liquidation. 8am to 11am, Club Deportivo parking lot.
- March 28 – April 4. Semana Santa (Easter week from Palm Sunday through Easter Sunday).
- April 2. Good Friday.
- April 4. Easter Sunday.
- April 16. Mark Mulligan & Ruby B. 5:30pm, La Palapa Griega.
- April 30. Día Del Niño.
- May 1. Dia del Trabajo (Labor Day)
- May 3. Día de la Santa Cruz. Construction workers decorate and mount crosses on unfinished buildings.
- May 5. Cinco de Mayo is not observed as a national holiday in Mexico, but all public schools are closed.
- May 9 & 10. Mother’s Day events in San Carlos (this year, Mother’s Day in USA and Canada is Sunday, May 9 and in Mexico is Monday, May 10).
- May 15. Teacher’s Day in Mexico.
- May 16. 4ta Stage of the Campeonato del Desierto MTB race in Estuary Soldado.
- May 16. Medio Maratón Guaymas. 6:30am.
- May 29 – 31. Tucson Sailing Club Spring Regatta.
- May 31. Memorial Weekend.
- June 1. Dia de la Marina (Mexican Navy Day). Official Mexican holiday. Celebration in Guaymas.
- June 13. Triatlón. For more information, visit the website and facebook page.
- June 20. Summer Solstice.
- June 20. Father’s Day in Mexico, Canada & USA.
- July 8 – 13. Annual Festival del Mar Bermejo. Daily special events such as dance, theater, cinema and music at various locations in Guaymas. To commemorate the anniversary of The Battle of Guaymas, which occurred on July 13, 1854.
- July 18. Anniversary of the death of President Benito Juárez (March 21, 1806 to July 18, 1872).
- July 30. Anniversary of the death of Miguel Hidalgo, leader of the Mexican War of Independence (May 8, 1753 to July 30, 1811). This is NOT a national holiday.
- August 8. Anniversary of the birth of Emiliano Zapata (b.Aug 8, 1879, d.April 10, 1919). 2019 marks the 100th anniversary of the death of the historic leader of the Mexican Revolution, Emiliano Zapata, and Mexican President AMLO signed a decree declaring that 2019 is the Year of Emiliano Zapata.
- August 31. Guaymas Anniversary. On August 31, 1769 José de Gálvez founded the town of Guaymas and assigned the first plots: Civic Ceremony at 8:00am in Three Presidents Plaza. Concert by the Banda Sinfónica de la Secretaría de Marina at 7:00pm in the Guaymas Auditorium.
- September 1. Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador will deliver his State of the Union (Informe de Gobierno).
- September 6. Labor Day (USA & Canada).
- On Monday, September 6, Rosh Hashanah will begin at sunset and end at sunset on Wednesday, September 8. Happy New Year (shana tova)!
- September 13. Los Niños Héroes, Hero of the Mexican-American War 1847. Battle of Chapultepec.
- Yom Kippur 2021 will begin in the evening of Wednesday, September 15 and ends in the evening of Thursday, September 16.
- La Calaca Tacos y Cerveza will be serving Chile en Nogada to celebrate Independence Day. The meal costs 290 pesos and will be available Wednesday, September 15 and Thursday, September 16.
- September 16. Día de la Independencia / Mexican Independence Day. Mayor’s State of the City address.
- September 16. Boat Parade to celebrate Día de la Independencia. Leaving Marina San Carlos at 6:30pm and travelling along San Francisco Beach
- September 23 – October 2, 2021. U23 Baseball World Cup in Hermosillo.
Holidays, Festivals, Fiesta and Special Events
Events San Carlos is a list of the major annual Holidays, Festivals and Fiestas and special events in San Carlos & Guaymas, Mexico.
Whether you’re looking for information on a Mexican Holiday or holiday, you’ll find it here.
Keep Exploring … San Carlos
Read the San Carlos Newsletter
Where to Stay?